Heart of St Paul
Explore the best of St Paul food in the heart of downtown. You’ll learn about the Capital City's robust food culture while exploring its rich history, including a lively gangster past. Tastings are based on our multicultural communities and the best water in the country for creating delicious craft beer.
- Public Tour: 11:30am-2:30pm Saturdays (Apr - Oct) & 1:30 pm-4:30pm Thursdays (Jun - Aug)
- Private Tour: Select your own time Sunday through Friday, or for a different time on Saturday! Contact us for availability and booking.
- Public Tour: Nov - Mar: for the same tour but indoors, please book our St Paul Skyway Food Tour
- Public Tour: $65 per person
- Private Tour: Varies depending on number of guests
- Begins at Union Depot (214 4th Street E, St Paul MN 55101) outside of main front door on 4th St side (not Kellogg); ends at 421 Cedar St, St Paul MN 55101
- Fine local chocolates including Potion #9 Chocolate Sauce, sipping chocolate, and a truffle of your choice (41 - 99% cacao); our favorite is the Himalayan Caramel!
- Locally-brewed Minnesota craft beer at a popular downtown brewery with a musical mission (optional non-alcoholic tastings available)
- Authentic fresh Thai spring roll from the first Thai restaurant in Minnesota (with or without shrimp)
- Delicious and most popular Thai dish - you better eat it all, you don't want to enrage the "God of Rice"
- Variety of mouthwatering African, Mediterranean, and American cuisine made fresh and prepared Halal
- Savory Chicken Fantastic - cuts of white grilled chicken with sautéed vegetables and grated Parmesan cheese over Somali-seasoned basmati rice
- Dip a delicious Sambusa (beef, chicken, or veggie-filled fried dough triangle) into a specialty basbas sauce
- Popular and delicious sweet-and-salty Chicago Mix® popcorn
Explore the best of St Paul food in the heart of downtown. You’ll learn about the Capital City's robust food culture while exploring its rich history including a lively gangster past. Tastings are based on our multicultural communities and the best water in the country for creating delicious craft beer.
You'll start by enjoying the sights along the Mighty Mississippi River and strolling through some of the most historic areas in St Paul, including the Saint Paul Hotel overlooking Rice Park, the tallest building in the city, and the beautiful Landmark Center. Along the way you’ll enjoy quaint eateries that have pride in local ownership, including a favorite since 1932. Visit one of the best local chocolatiers / confectioners in the Twin Cities while eating and sipping their hand-crafted creations. To cap off an incredible tour of Minnesota’s second-largest city, you'll taste a variety of savory African and Mediterranean dishes. Between the rich history and incredible food, you’ll never want to leave the state’s capital.